Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Panera Bread Strawberry Poppyseed & Chicken Salad



Today's random meal of the day brings us the Zagat's 2010 Survey best salad from a fast food chain. We have from Panera Bread, the Strawberry, Poppyseed & Chicken Salad. This is their summer special salad. This is part of my More Leaf, Less Beef theme. Ok, this is more like a special edition.

The funny thing was when I announced to my coworkers around me and asked who wants to come along and eat a Strawberry, Poopyseed & Chicken Salad, I received a bunch of strange looks and almost no volunteers. It is kind of funny how hard it is now to convince someone to go eat a random meal with me now. Maybe it is the fact that I want to go eat random stuff. Now, when I present a picture of lets go eat this, then the response is a 180... I guess I must sacrifice to be the Guinea pig for the offbeat random meals.

The salad was actually the best salad I have ever eaten. Granted, I only eat salads once in a blue moon but this was actually excellent. The salad starts with a bed of chopped romaine lettuce. A mixture of fresh strawberries, blueberries, pineapple and mandarin oranges brings the tart and sweet blend. Chicken and pecans are added along with a fat-free poppyseed dressing. This light, health and delicious meal weights in at only 280 calories.
Found at Panera Bread in Los Angeles, CA.

(Olympus E-PL1, 20mm, f2.8, 1/100, iso 200, +0.30ev)

1 comment:

  1. It's one of the best salads that I have ever eaten!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete