Friday, July 25, 2014

Bento Lunch Box with Crunch Roll Sushi at Yanagi Japanese Bistro



Our random meal of the day brings us some sushi! I am taking baby steps. We start with a Bento Lunch Box that you can fill with three different choices. I started safely with an order of shrimp and veggie tempura. Then I kicked it up a notch and choose an order of California rolls. Then I boldly choose a Crunch Roll. The crunch roll is consider a fusion sushi roll. It starts like a California roll and is filled with crab, avocado and cucumber. We then kick it up a notch by adding shrimp tempura in the roll and then layering an eel sauce before sprinkling the top with crunch. The crunch is made of bits of fried tempura batter. I wonder what the next step is after a crunch roll?

Found at Yanagi Japanese Bistro in Redondo Beach, California.

Nikon Df, 50mm, f2.8, 1/50, iso 450

No comments:

Post a Comment