Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Beef Roll at 101 Noodle Express



We have for our random meal of the day an order of the Beef Roll. The beef roll was on Jonathan Gold's 99 Essential Restaurants list but that was in the past. The list is now renamed LA Weekly's 99 Essential Restaurants and is more of a collaborative effort. With change the list moves forward but that did not stop me from trying this item that I had my eye on for years now. The beef roll starts with a flaky Chinese pancake stuffed with cilantro, long-braised beef and a special sweet been sauce. The balance of the ingredients was off for my taste buds but not for the packed hungry crowd around me. It seemed like every other table had an order of the beef roll. I believe that I am now at this random point in time, under 1000 yelp bookmarks of restaurants to go...

Found at 101 Noodle Express in Alhambra, California.

Nikon Df, 85mm, f2.8, 1/100, iso 560

No comments:

Post a Comment