Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Katanaya Ramen at Katana-Ya



Our foodcation continues with the Katanaya Ramen for our random meal of the day. This order of ramen is so good! It is always intriguing when a dish is the same name as the restaurant. Good thing this bowl of ramen lives up to the hype of the namesake. It was actually way past the lunch hour rush when we went to Katana-Ya at 2PM. I was hoping that we would not have to embrace the long lines. Well, no such luck as a table of two was still a 45 minute wait. Oh, it was so worth the wait. This bowl of ramen would actually make my personal final round of the best ramen that I have ever eaten. I would say my 2nd favorite. The ramen starts with some perfectly cooked ramen noodles. You then add fried chicken, BBQ pork, fried pot stickers, half a boiled egg, seaweed, corn, bamboo shoots and finally garnished with scallion. This whole wonderful concoction is placed in a rich miso broth that just enhances the entire order of Katanaya Ramen. I cannot believe that I've been to San Francisco so many times and all those times that I missed out on this perfect ramen spot kind of makes me sad...

Found at Katana-Ya in San Francisco, California.

(Nikon D700, 35mm, f4.0, 1/80, iso 1250)

No comments:

Post a Comment