Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lobster Salad for Random Meal of the Day 2 Year Anniversary at Hot’s Kitchen



We have for Random Meal of the Day's 2 year anniversary, the Lobster Salad. The salad starts off with a bed of bibb lettuce, butter lettuce and mixed greens. We then add some heirloom tomatoes, cucumber, green onion and corn into the mix. For the extra kick, we have some pistachio and kiwi added and mixed together with an orange muscat vinaigrette. Finally we have a whole Lobster claw added to the salad for the finishing touch.

Wow, I can not believe it has really been 2 years since I started random meal of the day. It is actually kind of strange actually for so much time to pass by and to still be shooting so much. The real personal goal for me was not to necessarily run a blog, but to improve my photography skills and have the blog motivate me into shooting more. Well, I believe according to my spectacular Nikon D700 camera shutter count, I have shot over 30,000 frames in these past 2 years. OK, to be exact it is 32,363! That breaks down to about 45 shots a day. The goal of shooting more has definitely been successful! Now the goal is to shoot less. Look and see before I shoot.

I also realize that I would be consider a Comfort Food Foodie. It is the comfort foods that I truly gravitate towards. I does not mean that I would not try something new, but I really believe that if I had to choose my last meal, it would be something that would bring a soothing memory. It is really interesting how personal your food choices are and how it defines you. Without Random Meal Of The Day, I would not have tried the so many of different random meals.

Another year down, maybe another year to go. You never really what is good until you try it. Just give it a shot once, and if you do not like it, it will at least be an adventure. The adventure is half the fun...

Found at Hot's Kitchen in Hermosa Beach, CA.

(Nikon D700, 85mm, f2.8, 1/200, iso 200, +0.67ev)

No comments:

Post a Comment