Monday, April 25, 2011

Rajas Fries at Frysmith Food Truck



One morning I went to the break room to get a cup of water and the way back to my desk i noticed that there was a small crowd gather there. They were admiring the Rajas Fries that I am currently using as my desktop screensaver. It was actually kind of funny because I always have some sort of food photo as my screensaver and for some reason, this one just got the people around my office a bit hungry at 9AM in the morning. The key is that I display the pictures when I leave my desk and not while I am working at my desk. I guess the best thing about being the actual photographer is the fact that you have the high resolution photo to do what you like with it. Normally for Random Meal Of The Day, I resize the photos that I post to 1024px which makes it a great to view on the iPad at the native resolution. My desktop LCD is 24 inches so the current screensaver was resized to the native 1920 x 1080 resolution. I guess if you do work around me, you get a sneak peak at future random meals. ;)

Our random meal of the day is an order of the Rajas Fries. The wonderful fries are "charbroiled angus steak in a marinade with roasted poblano peppers, caramelized onions, jack cheese, rajas sauce, lime and cilantro." Yes this random meal is from a Food Truck. I actually had my eyes on Frysmith for awhile now and last week my friend emailed me and told me that the truck was going to be near my office. The funny thing, is that I was only able to wrangle one other coworker to go try the fries with me. Well I guess the crowd that gathered around my desk regretted not joining the adventure. As always, sometime a picture is really worth a thousand words as the simple picture will be enough to encourage someone to try something new.

Found at Frysmith in Los Angeles, CA.

(Nikon D7000, 35mm, f2.8, 1/320, iso 100, +0.33ev)

No comments:

Post a Comment