Friday, February 11, 2011

Spicy Beef Salad Lunch at Ayara Thai



Our random meal of the day features a lunch sized portion of the Spicy Beef Salad. The salad consists of "grilled sliced beef, lemongrass, scallions, mint leaves, lime juice and fresh chili over a bed of lettuce." The intensity of the lime juice is reduced if you eat the beef along with the salad. An order of yellow curry and jasmine rice completes the "cute" lunch combo.

It is funny how photographing food almost everyday changes you as a photographer. Before random meal of the day, I would never consider myself as a photographer. I have a regular square day job and my day job pays for my hobby that I spend way too much money on. The thing is that I am now able to see the light. Photography is really all about lighting and what you have to compromise to to achieve the lighting that you desire. I remember that I would always avoid taking the backlit shot. I used to make my coworkers change their seat with mine because they "stole" my seat and that would make me shoot into the light instead of having the light to my back. I would scout out the lay of the restaurant land each and every time to find the idea seat. Now, it is just bring it on! The funny thing is that the shots that I was so afraid of, are the ones that seem to just have the magical pop...

Found at Ayara Thai in Westchester, CA.

(Nikon D700, 60mm, f4.0, 1/125, iso 200, +0.67ev)

No comments:

Post a Comment