Sunday, January 23, 2011

Peanut Butter Mochi at Fugetsu-Do



This is one of those random meals that I truly regret never having until now. We have some of the most spectacular Mochi that I have ever tasted. Maybe this is because I am a little sheltered when it comes to mochi. I typically eat the frozen mochi ice cream that you get at the supermarket. Today is the first time that I actually ate some freshly made mochi. The difference is just unreal. When you bite into the silky soft mochi and hit the specially prepared peanut butter center, it feels like a magical moment. I wasn't even hungry when I had my first piece. In reality I was really already stuffed. But after the photo opp, I decided to try just one. One became two and two became three. Load and behold I ate the whole package and yet I was still craving some more...

Found at Fugetsu-Do in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles, CA.

(Nikon D700, 105mm, f4.0, 1/125, iso 1250)

No comments:

Post a Comment