Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Classic Eggs Benedict at Marmalade Cafe



Our random meal of the day brings us some Classic Eggs Benedict. The Eggs Benedict consists of four main components. We start with a toasted English Muffin. We then add a slice Canadian bacon or ham. This version adds three poached eggs and Hollandaise sauce tops the eggs. A side of home fries completes this fabulous random meal.

The funny thing about this random meal is the psychological barrier to the meal. I guess it started as a kid when I learned about Benedict Arnold. To recap, all I remember is that he was a traitor to his country. Why would I want to eat something that has to do with a traitor? For years I really thought that Eggs Benedict was actually named after Benedict Arnold. Well good thing for the internet to set me straight.

Another thing about me is my dislike of mustard. For some reason I thought the Hollandaise sauce has a mustard component in it. Oh how I was so wrong. It is really made with mainly eggs and butter. So I can only blame myself for not enjoying Eggs Benedict before because of my preconceptions. I guess I am taking my own lesson for today's random meal of the day.

Found at Marmalade Cafe in El Segundo, CA.

(Nikon D700, 50mm, f4.0, 1/125, iso 1400)

No comments:

Post a Comment