Saturday, December 25, 2010

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Marshmallow Man



Merry Christmas Random Mealers! Today our Christmas treat brings us the Marshmallow Man. This treat is three large marshmallows covered in white chocolate. Dark chocolate forms his hair and some M&M's completes his features. It is a fun holiday treat.

The funny thing about this photo was the first thing I was asked was "is the background photoshoped?" The answer is no. I ran my normal resizing and my 15 seconds worth of corrections. Yes, I limit my computer time and strive to do everything right the first time from the camera as a photographer. My Nikon D700 has is very convenient dial for the metering exposure area. It is so convenient that I never use it. The funny thing about this is that the majority of the time, I set the camera to matrix metering and call it a day. Today I was trying to shoot a very white object against a dark dining room. With the meter set to matrix, I ended up with a not ideal picture with the background still showing up. I was shooting with a 105mm macro lens to try some isolation and it was still not quite giving me the shot that I wanted. So I switched the dial to spot metering and the background blew away to black. Bingo! The shot is done.

Found at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in Valencia, CA.

(Nikon D700, 105mm, f4.0, 1/125, iso 3600)

No comments:

Post a Comment