Friday, December 10, 2010

Baby Blues BBQ The Hound Dog



Our random meal of the day brings us some lunchtime BBQ. We have here "The Hound Dog". The Hound Dog lunch special platter comes with a 1/3 Rack of Memphis Ribs with Beef Brisket. We also have one fixin consisting of Mac N' Cheese and a piece of cornbread with chunks of whole corn to round out our random meal. In my opinion, this is just too much food for a lunchtime random meal. ;)

This is also the first random meal with my new Nikon 105mm Micro-Nikkor VR, the Nikon naming of a macro lens. I think this lens is a winner but a bit impractical for live restaurant location shots. With the longer reach it requires me to push the plate all the way across the table where the other person would be sitting. So it is either get a table for 4 so that I can push my plate to the other side or eat solo. I would also run into situations where if I am seated at the counter, then I would look like a knucklehead when I step back away from my seat to take the shot. I do not run into these issues when I shot with my 50mm or 60mm macro. The 50mm seems to be the perfect focal length for a full plate shot. The 50mm falls short when I have to shot something smaller such as a hamburger and I run into the one and half foot (18 inches) minimum focusing distance. What I am hoping for this lens is that with the VR, I can shoot at a lower shutter speed than what I require with the 60mm macro. The 105mm focal length should also help enhance the bokeh of my random meals.
Found at Baby Blues BBQ in Venice, CA.

(Nikon D700, 105mm, f5.6, 1/125, iso 4000)

No comments:

Post a Comment