Friday, November 5, 2010

Ragin Cajun Cafe Fried Shrimp Entree



Sometime your master plan of eating an item just doesn't pan out. I yelled out "Pork Chops N Rice & Gravy." I got an excited "OK!" from one coworker and another coworker, just couldn't stop laughing. Hey at least I waited until just about lunchtime to start talking about food. As you can see from the picture above, that is not a pork chop. A few minutes after I ordered my random meal, the waitress came back to apologized and told me the truck left with all the chops... I didn't quite understand what that meant at the time but on to plan B. After a bit of research, it looks like Ragin Cajun Cafe actually had a food truck featured on the Food Network's “The Great Food Truck Race”. I actually have the whole series tivoed but I'm still working my way though many hours of "The Best Thing I Ever Ate". Ahh, all the wonderful research that I must do for Random Meal of the Day.

This is actually my second time here so I wanted to try something different. So for our plan B we have the Fried Shrimp Entree. The first bite into a giant succulent fried shrimp erased away any disappointment of not having the pork chops. The crispy yet tender shrimp was spectacular. The Jalapeno Hush Puppies gave the happy random meal the extra unexpected wake up kick and had me smiling.
Found at Ragin Cajun Cafe in Hermosa Beach, CA.

(Nikon D700, 35mm, f8.0, 1/80, iso 720)

No comments:

Post a Comment