Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hakata Ramen Shinsengumi Hakata Ramen



Our random meal brings us some Hakata Ramen. Each bowl of Hakata Ramen is actually prepared according to the individuals personal taste. I was actually so prepared for this round of Hakata Ramen, but they changed the test on me... When you order here, you actually fill out a sheet stating what you want. The last time I was here, it was a solo adventure. This time, it was a group adventure. With the group, the test sheet is actually different than the easier to fill out solo diner sheet.

The day began by having one of my coworkers asking me if I wanted to eat some Ramen as he just experienced Santouka and wanted to eat there again. It was actually the first time he had ever had ramen. Well, I told him, we could go there OR we could go to another one of the other top 3 ramen joints in Southern California. So off to Hakata we go. I warned him that our merry band of 4 today may have to wait a bit this random meal. So off we go for an adventure.

We arrive at the restaurant parking lot and there was not a single person waiting outside of Hakata! Score, I thought... Then as we approached the door of the restaurant, a group of 4 exited. Yes! A free open large table. But they didn't leave. A quick peek at the sign in sheet shows a party of 4 ahead of us. I quickly scribed down my name and then checked inside. Yup, a full restaurant of people happily eating. Well, just as I stepped out to wait our turn, there's now 17 people waiting. I guess we just made it. I knew it was unusual for Hakata to not have a crowd waiting.

Finally we were seated at a large table big enough for about eight people. It was the traditional Japanese style low table with a cushion for the seat. Ahh, crossed leg style, muhaaa... This is going to be a bit of a different adventure for our merry band of 4. Well, we face the single group test sheet and I gave by best suggestions. The only thing I knew for sure this time around was to get the noodles hard. It was the stress of the test, I forgot what else I had originally planed. Good thing that you can't actually failed this particular test as no matter what you choose, it will be good.

As we patiently wait for our meal, POW! I got nailed with a foot. I knew it, one of our merry band of 4 has a leg cramp and was no longer sitting crossed legged. Then I noticed another member of our merry band of 4 had just almost fell over trying to readjust his position. I knew this was going to be an interesting random meal. Well, our food arrived and magically, all the unrest stopped and everyone forgot about their sitting position. Well, we all enjoyed the meal, and hilarity ensued when our merry band of 4 tried to leave the table. It was so much easier for them to sit down, then it was to get up. I just laughed and we did all concur that this was a delicious random meal. Till the next adventure...
Found at Hakata Ramen in Gardena, CA.

(Nikon D700, 70mm, f4.0, 1/80, iso 1000)

No comments:

Post a Comment