Thursday, November 4, 2010

Big Mike's Philly Cheez Whiz Steak



We have a Philly Cheez Whiz Steak Sandwich for our random meal today. The first time I ever had a Philly Cheez Whiz Steak sandwich was actually in Philadelphia. The debate of the day was between Pat's and Geno's. Which landmark restaurant will I go to? We actually decided to split the group up and get one Philly Cheese Steak at Pat's and one at Geno's. Well, it didn't really pan out that way because we saw on the menu, Cheez Whiz. I remember seeing that before on the food network about Cheez Whiz instead of Provolone cheese. So it would be really hard to compare the 2 sandwiches if the cheeses are different. So we stuck with Pat's.

Fast forward to today and this is my second ever Philly Cheez Whiz Steak. The change of the cheese dramatically changes the taste of the sandwich. The sandwich tastes sharper and a bit saltier. I think I'll leave the Cheez Whiz to the east coasters. I prefer the more traditional Provolone cheese. This is still a good sandwich and a good random twist.
Found at Big Mike's Philly Steaks & Sub in El Segundo, CA.

(Sony A55, 30mm, f5.6, 1/50, iso 250)

We also have an excellent order of onion rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment