Friday, October 15, 2010

The Original Pancake House Dutch Baby



Let's go eat a Dutch Baby! Well, that didn't inspire a following for our random meal of the day. I just got some weird looks and some what the heck, he just lost it. Well I guess sometimes I am too random and it leads me to a solo adventure. After weeks of trying to convince some fellow coworkers to try a Dutch Baby pancake, I surrendered and I set off on my own adventure. I was not sure what I was getting into.

The Dutch Baby is also know as a German pancake that is very similar to Yorkshire Pudding according to Wikipedia. The Dutch Baby is served with powdered sugar, butter and slices of lemon. The pancake has two contrasting textures. The fluffy and light outer crust and the thick and heavy base. The whole concoction was quite a bit larger than I expected. I was so full trying to finish it up and I didn't quite make it. At least I can proudly say that I ate a Dutch Baby...
Found at The Original Pancake House in Redondo Beach, CA.

(Nikon D700, 60mm, f5.6, 1/80, iso 1400)

Here's a closeup of the Dutch Baby all sliced up.

No comments:

Post a Comment