Saturday, June 5, 2010

Daikokuya Ramen



The hunt for the perfect bowl of ramen has gone full circle. For our random meal today we have ramen from Daikokuya. It is the broth that transcends this bowl of ramen to the upper echelons of ramen. I subtracted the bean sprouts and the ramen became the perfect bowl.

I still remember the first time I have ever passed by Daikokuya many years ago. I was thinking, these people are nuts, why would you wait for a bowl of ramen. Well, fast forward to the present and I am one of those people waiting patiently for a table here. It is sometimes deceiving because what you think is a short wait is really not as people wander down the street shopping after they put down their names on the waiting list, and magically appear right in time for their names to be called.
Found at Daikokuya Ramen in Los Angeles, CA.

(Olympus E-PL1, 20mm, f2.8, 1/50, iso 1600)

No comments:

Post a Comment