Monday, March 15, 2010

Chicken Maison Maison Special Salad



Today we have salad for our random meal. We began our tale of 2 salads on a gorgeous sunny Southern California day. The funny thing about a salad is that no two salads will ever look the same. They could contain the same exact ingredients but with a leafy green thing, it comes out different. It is really funny what you start noticing when you photograph food on a daily basis. Hey you have to eat, so why not capture the random point in time also? Our salads arrive, and I look at my plate and my friend’s plate. I want his salad over my salad. Normally this is the scenario that runs though my mine when someone gets a bigger steak. But for a salad? Yes, his just looks better. My offer of a trade was rejected so I photographed it. The feature picture is my salad. His is the bottom salad. So my quest for 3 salads in 30 days has started.

We have a healthy Mediterranean cuisine today. We have the Maison Special. This is a “Caesar chicken salad tosses with Maison Rice.” The rice made the salad a tad heavy but I had to try their special. The chicken was divine.
Found at Chicken Maison in Redondo Beach, CA.

(Nikon D700, 50mm, f4.0, 1/160, iso 200, -0.33ev)

The salad that should have been mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment