Thursday, March 11, 2010

Boudin SF Turkey & Havarti Cheese on Sourdough



Today we have sourdough bread goodness for our random meal. I cannot believe it. A Boudin SF chain is actually in Southern California. I always enjoy traveling to San Francisco. You get the great sites and the delicious food. I am especially fond of the sourdough bread from Boudin. I always thought that I had to drive almost 400 miles to eat this wonderfully delicious sourdough bread. Now, the drive is cut down to a mere 40ish miles.

Today our meal consists of a half Turkey & Havarti Cheese on a sourdough roll and a bowl of clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl. I believe it is the bread that makes the sandwich and this bread makes this sandwich a star. Since I ordered the random meal to go, the clam chowder was not in sourdough bread bowl. It never did make it into the bread bowl as I ate it in it’s entirely and no longer became a bowl. There’s nothing wrong with clam chowder in a cup. Maybe next time I will order two sourdough bread bowls or maybe three…
Found at Boudin SF in Irvine, CA.

(Nikon D700, 50mm, f5.6, 1/80, iso 640)

Here is the awesome sourdough bread bowl without the clam chowder in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment