Monday, February 8, 2010

The Veggie Grill Chinese Chickin' Salad



Today's random meal brings us a vegan meal. Let me start off by stating that I am a self professed "Meatatarian". When I normally eat a sandwich, I shake off the leafy green stuff. The green stuff is the decoration to enhance the picture and not to be eaten. Veggies are a garnish to me. But sometimes I do a 180 and try something new. It is my own personal random meal of the day assignment as a picture can be enough to get you to try something new. Today we have the Chinese Chickin' Salad. Notice the spelling of the chicken, it is not a misspelling but is processed soy to look, feel and kind of taste like chicken. So it really is Chickin'. The funny thing about the Chickin' is that after the initial tasting and the analyzing the flavor, you forget that it is processed soy. I ended up eating the salad like I would normally eat my other meals. Once the "meat" was finished, I subconsciously stopped eating the green stuff and had to power down to finish the veggies. The veggies consists of "romaine, cabbage, green onion, sesame seeds, roasted corn salsa, mandarin oranges with a sesame-rice vinaigrette." As a bonus the salad is "infused with Quinoa ('keen-wa'), a nutritionally charged high-protein 'supergrain'". For a non meat meal, this was a pleasant random meal.
Found at The Veggie Grill in El Segundo, CA.

(Nikon D700, 50mm, f4.0, 1/80, iso 320)

No comments:

Post a Comment